Requests for the contraceptive pill
This is the process for patients to make a REPEAT request for their contraceptive pill during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Patients need to fully complete our pill form (you can download the form here - Contraceptive Pill Request form)
- you will need to enter your blood pressure which you can monitor yourself - you will need 2 readings at least 5 minutes apart (normally you could use the monitor in the healthzone room at the surgery, but whilst access to the surgery is restricted, you should either use a home BP machine, or if you do not have access to one you should state that on the form - this may result in a telephone call from the doctor rather than the prescription being automatically provided)
- if you do not complete every question on the form this will lead to delays as you may be called to provide information that is missing from the form
Once completed please email the pill request form back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A doctor will review your request, if there are no concerns a prescription will be issued, either to dispensary if you are a dispensing patient or to Boots if you have specified that as your pharmacy. Please allow 2 working days to collect your items/prescription.
If the doctor has any concerns, (ie you are unable to provide your blood pressure readings) you will be asked to make a telephone appointment to discuss the issues identified, if you haven’t heard from us within 2 working days of sending the form back to us via email you can contact/visit dispensary/the chemist to collect when ready.
It is advisable not to run out as we cannot provide a turnaround time quicker than 2 working days with the above process, however, if you have an urgent request, you should still complete the form and mark the form as urgent, but we cannot guarantee that it will be actioned the same day.
You will still need to book a telephone appointment with a GP for:
- requesting the pill for the first time
- discussing changes to your pill, ie changing type/brands
- if you have had any problems with the pill since your last prescription