Requests for the contraceptive pill
Starting from Monday 25 November 2019, we are trialling a new process for patients to make a REPEAT request for their contraceptive pill.
Patients need to fully complete our new pill form (available from reception or you can download the form here - Contraceptive Pill Request form)
- you will need to enter your blood pressure which you can monitor yourself in the healthzone room at the surgery – you will need 2 readings at least 5 minutes apart
- if you do not complete every question on the form this will lead to delays as you will be recalled to ask you to complete the form fully
Please hand the form back into reception.
A doctor will review your request, if there are no concerns a prescription will be issued, either to dispensary if you are a dispensing patient or to Boots if you have specified that as your pharmacy. Please allow 2 working days to collect your items/prescription.
If the doctor has any concerns you will be asked to make an appointment to discuss the issues identified, if you haven’t heard from us within 2 working days you can contact/visit dispensary/the chemist to collect when ready.
It is advisable not to run out as we cannot provide a turnaround time quicker than 2 working days with the above process, however, if you have an urgent request, you should still complete the form and mark the form as urgent, but we cannot guarantee that it will be actioned the same day.
Alternatively, you will still need to attend a book on the day appointment with a GP for:
- requesting the pill for the first time
- discussing changes to your pill, ie changing type/brands
- if you have had any problems with the pill since your last prescription