Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Programme 2021
We are planning our 2021 flu vaccination programme. If you are eligible you will be contacted when the time comes to make your vaccine booking. More information will follow here shortly!
In the meantime please see below for the information from last year....
The flu vaccination provides the best protection against an unpredictable virus which infects many people and can cause serious illness and death each year, it is recommended yearly for those most at risk of flu, this includes:
- everyone aged 65 and over
- pregnant women
- anyone living with a long term medical condition
- people with caring responsibilities
- children aged 2 and 3 years old
- this year those aged 50-64 will also be offered the vaccine
Changes due to the Coronavirus pandemic
During the pandemic we held our Saturday clinics at the D'Urberville, and also provided some flu vaccinations at the surgery we must ask all patients to ensure you only attend your appointment if:
- you have no Covid-19 symptoms yourself (ie cough, high temperature, loss of/change in normal taste or smell)
- you have also had no contact in the 2 weeks prior to your appointment with anyone who has Covid-19
- you are prepared to adhere to the social distancing rules whilst waiting for your appointment
Please also note:
- you should attend as close to your appointment time as possible to avoid excessive waiting
- you should wear a face mask/covering to the appointment
- you should wear clothes that make your arm easily accessible and be prepared to remove coats etc whilst waiting to be called
- you will not routinely receive a paper leaflet at the appointment as you have in previous years which highlights the possible reactions to the vaccination, please ensure you are familiar with the guidance below regarding possible reactions
Possible reactions to the flu vaccination
Please ensure you are fully aware of the possible reactions to the flu vaccination by downloading and reading the leaflets below, there will only be a limited number of leaflets available to takeaway from the flu clinic for those who do not have access to the internet.
For patients aged 50 - 64 - please see the patient information leaflet page 1, and page 2 (2020 information, 2021 to be added here soon)
For patients over 65 - please see the patient brochure and the patient information leaflet (2020 information, 2021 to be added here soon)