What is a PPG?
A group of patients who have volunteered to meet regularly with the practice staff
What does the PPG do?
The role of a PPG can vary, but at The Wellbridge Practice it is focussed on:
- representing all patients by ensuring your experiences, interests and concerns are heard by the practice
- contributing to the design of current services and proposed new developments
- improving communication between you, the patient, and the practice
- providing practical help to the practice when appropriate
How is this done?
The Wellbridge PPG meets with the practice approximately every 2 months. A member of the practice management team is usually present and a practice GP attends regularly.
Meetings can include presentations and robust discussion.
What has PPG done?
- Provided feedback from patients about on the day appointments leading the practice to experiment with various formats to better meet patients’ needs
- Created a Bereavement Group to support emotionally and practically those patients who have been bereaved. More details can be found here
- Provided administrative support at annual Flu Clinics and even acted as extras for fire drills!
Why not join us?
Meetings are currently held the third Tuesday of every other month, 5.30pm - 6.30/7pm.
We’re always looking for new members. If you think you could spare the time to contribute or are interested in finding out more, please contact Clare Smith, PPG Chair, on: email@example.com