We have an active and enthusiastic Patient Participation Group. The group meets approximately every 2 months.
This is what the group has decided it wants to do when working with the Practice:
- To represent all patients, GPs and Practice Staff and attempt to have a cross-section of ages in the Group.
- To provide patient feedback. It will cover exploring the changing needs of patients, being involved in new health strategies and the design of new services and initiatives, bearing in mind the need for more health education and the numbers of patients in outlying areas.
- The PPG will improve communications between the practice, patients and communities served.
- The PPG will offer practical help when appropriate.
If you would like to join this group please contact Mrs Jan Burt, Practice Manager.
The Wellbridge Practice – PPG (Patient Participation Group)
The Wellbridge Practice PPG has been up and running since November 2014.
We are a group of volunteers, independent of the Surgery yet working in partnership with Practice Staff. Our aim is to be the voice of the patient, representing your views whilst contributing towards new services and health strategies. Where possible we also give practical help in areas that assist the day to day running of the Surgery.
We meet every couple of months on a Tuesday evening at the surgery.
Some of things we have done:
- carried out a Patient Survey on the Appointment System. Your responses left us in no doubt that existing arrangements needed modification and, as a result, the Practice now offer a daily Open surgery for URGENT on the day problems.
- set up a Bereavement Group in support of bereaved patients. This meets weekly at the Practice and you can find details on the Surgery website or at Reception.
- helped with annual Saturday flu clinics
- appointed a representative to sit on the Federation PPG.
- acted as 'extras' at the annual Surgery fire drill in November!!
Key Practice Staff have also attended our meetings to give short presentations on their respective roles and responsibilities.
A GP partner and the Practice Manager attend most meetings
We started from modest beginnings, but our committed and active membership has now doubled.If you feel you would like to join us you will be most welcome. Please leave your contact details with Keeley Bruce, Practice Manager, at the Surgery.