HEALTH COACHING - if you are over 18 and have a long term health condition or are a carer for someone with a health condition
Managing life with a health condition isn't always easy. We know that understanding and keeping track of medications, treatments, tests and appointments with healthcare professionals are important, but also that a health condition affects our emotions, how we feel about ourselves, our social life, hobbies and day to day routines at home. Feeling confident managing all of that can be a challenge.
At The Wellbridge Practice we have health coaches who are part of our team. Clinical healthcare professionals like doctors and nurses can be really important to help us manage the medical aspects of our health, and health coaches can help us manage the emotional and practical impact in our day to day life.
The health coaches are there to support people with health conditions to feel more confident, and have lots of experience talking about a whole range of subjects:
- - managing pain and fatigue
- - preparing for appointments
- - accessing information to understand conditions and treatments
- - feeling more confident getting out and about
- - building a network of support around you
- - accepting and coming to terms with having a health conditionSessions with our health coach might be for you if...
- Our health coach, Chris, is based here at The Wellbridge Practice one a week on a Tuesday, and is part of our team here to support you. Lots of patients and their carers say how hard it is when healthcare professionals only have ten minutes, but health coaches have up to 45 mins for each session to listen to you and support you.
- - don't feel very confident about coping with your health condition
- - would like the chance to talk to someone for more than 10 mins who is focussed on seeing you as a whole person. To ask for a referral, please contact any member of staff at The Wellbridge Practice.
- This free confidential service is for anyone over the age of 18 who has a health condition or is a carer. The health coach has up to six session of 45 minutes with you. These sessions are here at The Wellbridge Practice.
- The Wellbridge Practice now has a specialist health coach within the surgery to support you to feel more confident about managing your health and the impact it has on your day to day life.
- Your GP, practice nurse or any member of the reception team can refer you to see the Health Coach, so if you are interested in this, please mention it one of the team at The Wellbridge Practice.